October 12, 2009

Japanese Bread

I need my daily rye-bread! In Finland I used to eat rye-bread daily. Not only with breakfast but with other meals too.

What are the options Japan has to offer? Extra white, extra soft! I feel it's close to eating air. If I take a thick slice and squeeze it into a ball with my fingers it will be probably one centimeter of diameter.

On the other hand white bread tastes very nice and smells delicious, especially the ones from bakery. Mmm, that buttery smell is irresistible...


But why in earth Japan has no rye-bread? I would dare to guess that many Japanese would be delighted to eat it. Especially if they knew the healthy sides of rye and its rich fiber content.

Apparently many Japanese suffer from high blood pressure. Some body tell me if I'm wrong, but could it be due to the combination of too salty food and low fiber intake? If this is the case, I'll start a rye-bread bakery here in Japan and save the ones who suffer from bursting blood pressure.

(Just for the record, 200g bag of white toast costs roughly between 0,80 e - 1,50 e)

0 comments (click to write a comment):

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Better together...