October 15, 2012

Shonai River by bike: a fraction of nature in Nagoya


Yesterday I rode past Shonai River with an aim to visit Cube Climbing Gym north from Nagoya.


Well, despite the clear instruction the gym was nowhere to be found and after an hour of wandering all over Kitaku district, I gave up searching.


So as a substitute to bouldering in a gym, which looks more like a rusty steel factory (check out Google street view here), I decided to cycle along the Shonai River.

Met with this saxophone playing dude above who told he has to rehearse outside to avoid being thrown out of his apartment.


The 96 km long river makes a half circle around the and presents a rare opportunity to see a tiny piece of nature as a contrast to Nagoya's endless concrete maze and heavy traffic.


On the way back I couldn't resist stopping by at  the UFO thing in the very center where, for the first time in my life, I witnessed an uncommon episode: Japanese couple kissing publicly. 

0 comments (click to write a comment):

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Better together...